Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 112 - Homestretch

This is a draft of a post I wrote on October 9th, but never published. All I can say is that I must have been smoking crack when I wrote this....

According to my sources we should be back in our home on our around Halloween. Probably not finished....but out of the RV and in our brandy new-ish home. Things are really progressing now and amazingly, the house is starting to look rather like a home.

So from this point on, no pictures. Call me a total HGTV groupie, or a home decorating weirdo, but I'm all about "the reveal". I don't want to give the end result up too easily, so y'all are just gonna have to be patient. (Not that there actually is a y'all mind you!) More of my delusional "I'm on a home remodeling TV show" thing....

So this is where we're at: the walls have been primed and are ready for paint. In fact, in kind of took me by surprise when my contractor told me to pick out colors. Color? Check. Tile is on order and will be next. Kitchen mini-remodel has yet to begin, but I suppose that there is some waiting to be done for the backsplash tile.

Lots and lots and lots of little things to do like install my new range and hood, counters, build cabinets for the new office, install floors, finish pergolas, build the front steps....
Geesh - there's still so much to do!!!!

October 24th - the end is no where in sight. Really. What was I thinking? There is still a TON of stuff to be done. We're still in the RV and let me say that the novelty "wow it's like we're on a really fun family camping trip" thing is so totally over. So. Totally. Over.

2 comments:

  1. you are too cruel to make us wait, I can hardly stand the suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see! When I remodeled my kitchen I used this measuring guide: https://www.cabinetstogo.com/measuring-guide.html it was really helpful to me and thought it could help others as well!

    ReplyDelete